Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: z10
My Carrier: idea

Which is the good testing tool for testing BB App??

Which is the good testing tool for testing BB App??

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Which is the good testing tool for testing BB App??

This page lists BlackBerry Testing Services available.

BlackBerry Testing Services

Or are you referring to simulation?  We do offer BlackBerry smartphone simulators for each model and OS release.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: Orange

I would like to add something that should be considered when talking about "mobile app testing" (I work as an engineer at Neotys, the software vendor of NeoLoad, a load testing tool since 2005).

For sure, functionally testing the application on the mobile side is critical, but more and more customers want to test the server side of the infrastructure too. In NeoLoad 4.1, some features are dedicated to mobile testing: mobile application testing. To put it in a nutshell, the tool reproduces the requests that mobile devices send to the web services on the servers.

For example, NeoLoad supports the record of a BlackBerry app directly on a BB device. This ensures that the load tests you perform are based on the actual network dialog sent by the BB.

For a web services server, handling requests that go fast is easier than handling requests going slower. The wireless networks properties are a factor of overload for the server network layer and a risk for mobile apps user experience. On this point too, a load testing tool must help you validate your app performance expectations under different network conditions (weak or strong signal, packet loss).

NeoLoad sends requests to the server the way mobile devices do. This is very useful to test the application behavior "to the limits": evaluating server reaction when submitting input values over the business limits, evaluating management of requests in the wrong logical order, and so on.

I hope this helps complete your research.
Hervé Servy, Neotys Performance Engineer
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Hervé, does your service also support BlackBerry 10 devices?  I see an image of BlackBerry OS 7.x device.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark,

Yes, NeoLoad does support BlackBerry 10 devices.

Setting up NeoLoad to record a BB device is very easy. Either you change the http proxy in the wifi settings with the @IP of your NeoLoad machine, or you change your DNS setting with the same one.

Then, NeoLoad can record the traffic sent by your BlackBerry 10 device, create a graphical Virtual User, and perform realistic load tests. 

PS : BTW, BB 10 devices are excellent products! Love them!

Hervé,

Neotys

EMEA Presales Leader

[removed personal information]