Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

message - Unable to release application on target

I have developed an app which I have been testing on a Z10.

I'd now like to deploy the app to BlackBerry World however I am having problems creating the correct bar file.

While developing the app I have no problem when I have the Build Configuration set to ‘Device-Debug’ (in Momentics), I can build and run the project and then download it to my Z10 where the app runs as expected [of course the the device I have been using for testing has a debug token]

However, when I change the Build Configuration to ‘Device-Release’ I find I get a message “Unable to release application on target” when I try and deploy the app.

Also, if I sideload the app to another Z10 (which does not have a debug token installed) then the app will not start.

I am assuming I am missing a step somewhere in regards to the signing process but have not been able to identify what I am doing wrong.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate the advice.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: message - Unable to release application on target

You need to export a signed release build to upload to BlackBerry World.  To do that:

1. Right click on your project and choose Export.
  2. Expand BlackBerry.
  3. Select Release Build.
  4. Click Next through the wizard, ensuring you check of the checkbox to sign the application.

You should then be able to side load that bar file on any BlackBerry Z10 without the need for a debug token.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.