Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: z10
My Carrier: +60193149507

qnx momentics

Recently,I've upgrade QNX Momentics version 10.2 Gold Unfortunately,the error pop-up "moc.exe stopped running" and "ntoarm.exe stopped running ." while  to create simple cascade apps such as HeloWorld  I've reinstall a few time but still same result..Somebody can help me,please....

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: qnx momentics

I get this occasionally with various subcomponants of the NDK, usually for me its the debugger crashing when it tries to attach to a process on the device. A restart normally fixes it.

If you are consistantly getting these errors then next time you do a reinstall, do a full wipe of your NDK folder (bbndk?) and create a fresh new workspace.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Developer

Yup,,the default dir is bbndk but i change to bbndk10.2 example,still same result
Developer

Actually I meant just delete that folder then reinstall (you can keep the same name) but when it asks you to specify your workspace change that to a new one.

Try creating a new project at that point rather than copying your own and see if it builds.

If it doesn't report it as a bug through momentics reporting.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Retired
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

pitt2020,

did you remove the 10.1 ndk before installing the 10.2?

please advise.

-g

New Developer

thanks to help me..yes i did..but anyway im still get failed...here is sample debug error when first time create apps called test as per attachment

Developer

Not a lot to go but error 255 usually means that the tools (make) is struggling to find something in your environment so either the tool itself is missing or your environment paths are screwed up.
In your case it looks like the moc tool is not responding or can't be found.

Check the paths also make sure you don't have something duplicated in your environment do a search on 'moc.exe'.

Developer

[ Edited ]

Last thought it could also be a permissions thing, check to see if you have read and write access to all the folders related to your project.

New Developer

still finding solution..here is an attachment sample error when create first time file...