Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

"Pop-Up Alerts" integration on Blackberry Bold 9000

Hi Guys,

Recently, I have started working on Customer Portal project.
Project mainly deals with tracking  the shipment, Client Order delivery, Poduct dispatched, Product received etc
Now, what I want is to integrate all above features so client can track it on any Blckberry devices (Blackberry Bold 9000, initially) in terms of "Pop-Up Alerts". i.e. Onces shipment got received to required location Client will get to know about shipment..
Could anybody knows how to integrate this?

Thanks...

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: "Pop-Up Alerts" integration on Blackberry Bold 9000

I can point you towards some resources, but need some more details.  Are you looking to create a WebWorks or Java application?  Are these users on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
New Contributor

we are going with LIFERAY for Portal Project. But One thing I wanna clear, is it possible to generate Alerts on Blackberry Device, Simlulator? and if so what Software (install)Requirnments should be taken into consideration  Because I have sucessfully intergrated SAP BO Reports, Microstrategy BI Reports on Blackberry not sure about "Alerts" If you know pdf, doc, links fwd me..

Thanks...

Yes, you can display global pop ups.  You can find sample code for doing this here:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Alert-a-BlackBerry-smartphone-user-from-a-Ba...

Mark Sohm

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, M Sohm

What do you mean by global pop ups. I have gone through the code you have sent me but its difficult to understand.

Could you explain it briefly?

Again How one can pop up 'Alerts'  in web based application or in java based (i.e. if user fill Customer_info form then how that will get poped up informing "New Customer has been Created" something like that) in Simulator... and in your first post you said that Are these users on a BES, why users wants to be on a BES? and Which Users you are talikng about?

Thanks..

A global pop up screen can be triggered by an application running in the background and will appear on top of most other applications (incoming call and lock screen being the exceptions).  This can done from a Java application.  Alerts displayed from the browser would appear on top of the web page the user is viewing, but not on top of other applications.

If users are on a BES, you could push alerts to them from a server side application (that connects to the BES).  This could provide a mechanism to trigger the alerts.

Mark Sohm