05-16-2012 10:57 PM
I'm brand new to the world of BB development. I installed the BB10 native/cascades SDK, the VMWare player and the BB10 Alpha simulator. I can get the simulator up and running in the virtual machine. Then I start the IDE, and go to the Blackberry Deployment setup wizard. It does not autodetect the simulator. I enter the ip address from the simulator and the password, but the wizard keep saying "failed to set up simulator".
I have verified that i am in developer mode in the simulator.
I'm on a windows 7 machine. I have turned off windows firewall and real-time AV. Still doesn't work.
05-18-2012 10:41 AM
hmmm, this is getting very frustrating. I can't even ping the simulator, so the problem seems to be between my computer and VMWare.
I tried bridged mode and host-only mode, still no good.
In my windows network settings, i see two VMWare adapters under "public network". One is called VMNet1 and the other is called VMNet8.
- Under properties, both VMNet1 and VMNet8 say "No network connectivity" for network connection,
- both say Media State: Enabled
- both have a speed of 100.0Mbs.
- both show in increasing number of packets sent, and 0 packets recieved.
- I went into options and checked "VMWare Bridge Protocol" in the list of things.
- The IP addresses are both different from my simulator IP address.
VMNet1 192.168.88.1 (ping works)
VMNet8 192.168.142.1 (ping works)
BB10 simulator IP: 169.254.0.1 (ping gets transmit failed: general failure).
Does any of this point to what my problem might be? I'm eager to get started and stuck at the gates!
08-16-2012 08:25 AM
U used the correct IP address?
08-16-2012 10:04 AM
Have you tried browsing from inside the VMware. ie: can you use the playbook browser to visit sites from within the VM player? This would tell you if there's even a connection between the player and the outside world.
08-21-2012 05:03 AM
Please try these steps with SDK:
1) Make sure you can ping the IP( such as 169.254.0.1) of simulator from cmd.exe
2) Select "Windows"-> "Preferences" -> "Network Connections"
3) Set the "Active Provider" to "Native"
4) Connect again.