Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520 // Blackberry playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

2.1 dev beta <feature id="blackberry.app.event" /> doesnt work

As a developer I updated to the new os 2.1.0.560 dev beta. I noticed that the<feature id="blackberry.app.event" /> doesnt work anymore.. Even with the sample app provided by rim doesn't work.

I even tried to callback the command with a button.  That doesn't work too...

Is it a bug / glitch??

Jeroen 

Regular Contributor
My Device: bold 9000, playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: 2.1 dev beta <feature id="blackberry.app.event" /> doesnt work

Many things are not working for me too. Smiley Sad

Developer

And that is what RIM calls a 'DEV beta' while many things aren't working ...
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: bold 9000, playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Hope they will fix the bugs ...

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

[ Edited ]

updated to OS 2.1.0.560. I like the landscape PIM functions (mail, calendar, contacts). I now, unfortunately have the following issues:
(1)had "Unable to Open PIM" error (resolved by deleting all accounts and recreating--had to do it several times); 
(2)no FLASH, cannot play any flash content (have not resolved this) and
(3) I cannot send out any email on IMAP--I get the infamous "red X" and the error: "Interruption in sending this message". So now, I cannot send ANY email and cannot watch my evening news on the PB or Flash videos/movies. These should not be errors on a beta release---especially the flash issue--any solutions to points (2) and (3) above anyone? I miss my PB!

also (4)having trouble downloading picture attachments to the pictures download folder-- seems to lose/delete photo files; (5)cannot add a link to contacts- selecting the "add a link icon" in contacts app opens up the "search contacts" option

Updaet: June 6, 2012:

Not being able to send email seems to be related ONLY to my AOL IMAP/SMTP accounts; can send GMAIL, HOTMAIL and my company IMAP/SMTP mail.  Also, the PB now syncs quickly and nicely with sent/received email

Still no FLash so I cannot watch the CTV National News while I do chores in NYC...LOL...no Youtube either.  NFB still seems to work, not sure why watching the CTV news will not work and the browser freezes and crashes at that point.  I will just have to watch the news on my laptop for now, as I like the additions (landscape PIM, individual windows for Anroid apps), and hope that the full gold release will address the FLASH issue.

Developer

Turn you PB off !! Open DM and plug-in your PB!
Now you'll see a window 'error with the OS' and hit 'OS update' or something like that. Now it will 'debrick' and reinstall 2.0.1.358 ! That's how I did the downgrade. Just a Wipe doenst work.

Note; the os2.1 is a dev beta ! So the email doesn't need to be working Smiley Wink
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

Thanks...also had download issues with email