05-28-2012 12:05 PM
Dear Ripple developers.
I new here(In Webworks dev field) and i have couple of questions forr you.
When i start to use Ripple for BB10(Chrome ext.) i realize that this tool i totally not usable!
But I have a strong desire to to make a quality app for BB10 like i do before for iOS.
And I will find answers to my questions .. I would like to get these answers from you.
1) Why Ripple does not SAVE my settings(SDK path...) in the SETTINGS section?
I'm tired of entering them manually.
Maybe there's a way to save them (ripple-settings.xml ???) ?
2) This BIG RED ALERT. I always have this error, even when package was successfully built.
I dont know where i have this error and what type of error... Even the console telling me: out: [ERROR]. Very informative....
3) When i click "Package and launch" one time Ripple do job well, next time ripple stops after "Done build".
In the best case I can test my app in the simulator twice a day, rest of the time I fight with Ripple.
Please help me!!!
P.S. My Settings
Samsung R728 Laptop
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-28-2012 03:53 PM
And last question. I need to buy a extra monitor for normal work with BB10 simulator? Vertical scroll killing me...
Maybe somebody know how to "resize" simlator window???
05-28-2012 05:58 PM - edited 05-28-2012 08:11 PM
At least for me, Ripple appears to save my SDK settings when visiting the same website, but when I switch to another then it resets.
As far is making the simulator smaller, you can always zoom out in chrome, but it zooms out all UI elements as well. You can zoom out by holding the control key and then scrolling or do control + plus or control + minus. You can return to the default zoom by pressing control + 0.
05-29-2012 04:43 PM
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the simulator for BB 10 Alpha devices. If it's anything like the Playbook one and uses VMWare you should be able to scale the emulation window by modifying the display settings for VMWare.
06-03-2012 03:50 PM
Just to touch on the topics above a little, simulator resizing is something that our teams are looking into and it should be in a future release. Can't confirm just which one yet though. At this time, we're more or less tied to the default size that VMWare assigns per your resolution.
As for the error, could you try with the sample application listed here:
A few key things to watch out for:
- The config.xml requires an id attribute now.
- webworks.js is an additional file that is required (though shouldn't impact packaging.)
- When you launch Ripple in Chrome, there's no need to browse to the content; the settings you specify will be good enough.
- Simply attempt to Package your applicaiton, not Package and Sign / Launch. This will eliminate / confirm those extra steps as causes of the error.
* Just to confirm, is your BAR file being created properly even on failure?
A few other thoughts:
- If you are using non-standard file paths, and have the opportunity to test with the standard file paths, then I would recommend giving it a try.
06-03-2012 05:31 PM - edited 06-03-2012 05:32 PM
Nice to see that you found time to respond in such a tight schedule)))
About error. I found a soltion. Now working like a charm.
I realized one thing. We must very carefully read the documentation.
My proper way:
1) Correct config.xml(my sample) and webworks.js included.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets" version="0.0.1" id="sceleton" xml:lang="en"> <author>Gnat</author> <name>Sceleton App</name> <description>Sceleton for App on bbUI + Zepto</description> <icon src="img/icon.png" /> <content src="index.html" rim:allowInvokeParams="true"/> <rim:permissions> <rim:permit>access_shared</rim:permit> <rim:permit>read_geolocation</rim:permit> <rim:permit>use_camera</rim:permit> </rim:permissions> <feature id="blackberry.invoke" required="true" version="1.0.0"/> <feature id="blackberry.app"/> <feature id="blackberry.system"/> <feature id="blackberry.identity" required="true" version="220.127.116.11"/> </widget>
2) Remote Web Inspector Enabled and !!! debugtoken.bar file with proper debug token info inside WEBWORKS ROOT folder !!!
3) Switched off default translation plugin in Chrome.
That's all. Now work like a charm.. Thanks for help Erik
06-05-2012 06:53 PM
Wish I could take the credit here but this seems to be all your solution :-)
Happy to hear you managed to get past this!