Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

AJAX on Blackberry bold 9700

I'm sure this has been asked before but have been unable to find an answer for this.

I'm attempting to create a website for the Blackberry using a AJAX updatepanel and timer.

Neither is working when the simulator is set to browser identification of Blackberry.  Yet both work OK when set to Internet Explorer.

I assume this has something to do with either the AJAX Toolkit not recognizing the Blackberry browser identification.  Or the BES or the blackberry itself not working with the AJAX controls.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: AJAX on Blackberry bold 9700

It will likely be your AJAX toolkit not recognizing the BlackBerry Browser as AJAX capable.  The 9700 has full AJAX capability.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

Tim,

Thanks for the response.  Understood and read about this.  Especially about third party AJAX tools.

The current website that I'm making campatible with the BlackBerry uses third party AJAX tools so a redevelop for the Blackberry is being done so as not to utilise these and to better utilise the Blackberry's smaller screen.

But I was using the AJAX toolkit from Microsoft.  And Updatepanel and timer are server side components are part of the AJAX extension components which is part of ASP .net Framework 3.5.

So the question remains.   How do I fix this?  I notice on the AJAX site that there is a beta version of the new Ajax Library.  Might download that see if get different results.

Jarrod

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

New Developer

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have got those settings on the Blackberry.  Did try the browser file also. 

Will verify all those settings again however.  (Might have missed something)

Highlighted
New Developer

Re-doing the browser file appears to have fixed issue.  It is a shame that the blackberry.browser file isn't included with .net framework!

I had done the browser file previously but must have been a typing mistake or something somewhere!  Now works on the server.

Just got to do it to the development machine etc!  Thanks Smiley Happy