02-27-2012 08:50 PM
I think my app is having connection privileges problems as the pages I try to load when testing in a device emulator doesn't load while in Ripple they do. I also tried opening the same pages with the emulator's browser and the work. Could someone help me out?
Here's my config:
<access uri="*" subdomains="true"/>
<access uri="https://maps.googleapis.com" subdomains="true"/>
<access uri="http://www.auditorio.com.mx" subdomains="true"/>
<access uri="http://www.bitacoradelauditorio.com" subdomains="true"/>
<rim:cache maxCacheSizeItem="256" maxCacheSizeTotal="4096"/>
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-06-2012 10:44 AM
Which URLs can you not connect to?
Try adding <access uri="*" subdomains="true"/> first to rule out any application errors - this will allow access to any domains. If this works, then it means that the content being loaded from the external domains you are targeting is on a different domain name than those you have whitelisted in your config.xml doc.
03-06-2012 11:20 AM
I like your AIR compile tool (stuck the URL in a reply pls - got it on a stick from Mark)
The one (only?) thing I liked about the Eclipse environment was the config.xml builder
Issues like these asked above could be easily be prevented with a win/mac/lin app that could both build and verify this sort of thing
The build part is easy, the verify harder but it's not that hard
I think the development community would welcome such a tool
I have friends who find XML hard to understand as they are mainly designers and HTML aware
03-06-2012 10:24 PM
03-07-2012 08:11 AM - edited 03-07-2012 08:12 AM
i have the same problem.
In my case, the problem seems to be in the simulators and not the app, it works, and doesnt react that way in phones.
the only fix-around i found was to disable the old network (un-check "in coverage") and make a new one that is a 3g network..
seems to fix the problem in my case, but i have to do it every time i start the simulator