Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-18-2012
My Device: None
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Access Config.xml problems



I think my app is having connection privileges problems as the pages I try to load when testing in a device emulator doesn't load while in Ripple they do. I also tried opening the same pages with the emulator's browser and the work. Could someone help me out?


Here's my config:


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<widget rim:header="RIM-Widget: rim/widget" version="2.0" xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets" xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets">

<icon src="img/Logo-Auditorio.png"/>

<content src="index.html"/>

<feature id="blackberry.invoke"/>

<feature id="blackberry.invoke.BrowserArguments"/>

<feature id="blackberry.identity"/>

<access uri="*" subdomains="true"/>

<access uri="https://maps.googleapis.com" subdomains="true"/>

<access uri="http://www.auditorio.com.mx" subdomains="true"/>

<access uri="http://www.bitacoradelauditorio.com" subdomains="true"/>

<rim:cache maxCacheSizeItem="256" maxCacheSizeTotal="4096"/>

<rim:navigation mode="focus"/>

<rim:category name="entertainment"/>

<rim:connection timeout="25000">








<rimSmiley Tongueermissions>

<rimSmiley Tongueermit>read_geolocation</rimSmiley Tongueermit>

</rimSmiley Tongueermissions>


Posts: 1,382
Registered: ‎07-02-2009
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Access Config.xml problems

Which URLs can you not connect to?


Try adding <access uri="*" subdomains="true"/> first to rule out any application errors - this will allow access to any domains.  If this works, then it means that the content being loaded from the external domains you are targeting is on a different domain name than those you have whitelisted in your config.xml doc.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Posts: 1,230
Registered: ‎03-20-2011
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Access Config.xml problems

I like your AIR compile tool (stuck the URL in a reply pls - got it on a stick from Mark)


The one (only?) thing I liked about the Eclipse environment was the config.xml builder


Issues like these asked above could be easily be prevented with a win/mac/lin app that could both build and verify this sort of thing


The build part is easy, the verify harder but it's not that hard


I think the development community would welcome such a tool


I have friends who find XML hard to understand as they are mainly designers and HTML aware



Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-18-2012
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Re: Access Config.xml problems

I'd already tried it but it didn't work. I make a XmlHttpRequest, use Google Maps API and a link to a page and neither works. Even the simple link stalls the emulator and I get a Local Connection Time Out
New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎07-15-2011
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Batelco

Re: Access Config.xml problems

[ Edited ]

i have the same problem.

In my case, the problem seems to be in the simulators and not the app, it works, and doesnt react that way in phones.


the only fix-around i found was to disable the old network (un-check "in coverage") and make a new one that is a 3g network..

seems to fix the problem in my case, but i have to do it every time i start the simulator

Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-18-2012
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Re: Access Config.xml problems

That made the trick, thank you!

I disabled the data coverage and selected WiFi and now the app works like a charm.