Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
04-15-2013 11:27 AM - edited 04-15-2013 11:29 AM
Unfortunately I don't have a timeline for the official Ad SDK implementation. I don't mean it as an excuse for the delay, but WebWorks tends to trail behind native due to its reliance on the native APIs. Basically it must be implemented there / working before we can implement it in WebWorks (generally.) Following that, there's the question of prioritization and resourcing based on other APIs being worked on. Technically, someone could write a WebWorks/native extension to tie into the existing APIs which is what my next endeavour will be so that we're getting the same fill-rate / functionality as the native side (as opposed to this initial web service implementation.)
On the commuity API side, I do apologize for the delay. Friday's ice storm in Waterloo knocked out power in a lot of the city and threw me off track a little bit. I'm just awating one final approval and will have the community (web service) API posted hopefully today/tomorrow.
04-16-2013 08:17 PM
Today I went deep-diving into the BBOS way of the SDK and found a few things I was missing in my implementation. The hope is that this will improve the fill rate as now I will have properly formatted requests to the web service. It's getting on 8:15PM here so I'll be adding the missing pieces in the AM. The good news is that the functionality should mimic the BBOS approach rather closely; it's still missing some flashiness but that's always a Phase 2 thing :-)
The good news, is that I have a green light to post to Github. As soon as I've made the few changes above, I'll be putting in the request to push the sample online. Targeting by EOD tomorrow.
I do appreciate the patience all.
04-17-2013 03:37 PM - edited 04-17-2013 03:42 PM
Pull request submitted here:
Any and all feedback is welcome here, in Github, or fire me an email directly (email@example.com). I've tried to mimic BBOS where I could but the overall approach is slightly different. If you find any issues or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out (pull requests are acceptable as well.) :-)
And now we wait, one last (for now) time.
EDIT: And we're a go!
04-17-2013 03:46 PM
04-17-2013 04:22 PM
@interfaSys: That's a good idea. I'll put together a KB along with a sticky post once it's in. Should be up in a few days, hopefully by then we've hashed out any glaring errors in my original submission :-)