Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Adding custom context menu item to core applications specifically contacts using BlackBerry 10 WebWorks

I have read the documentation and it looked promising that there is a way to register your app to be invoked from core applications like doing something like this in the config.xml

I did something like this for "Extended Search" feature listening for "invoked" event and it worked like a charm. Now I would like to further deeply integrate my app with other core applications of the device. I am constrained to use WebWorks SDK due to the nature of my app as it integrates with other cross platform technologies.

What I am looking for is a comprehensive list of action and mime-type that would be needed to identify action (i.e from where my application might get invoked) and mime-type (format of the incoming data).

Specifically I am trying to integrate my app with the core Contacts app on the device, so when a user long presses on a contact in a list view (or) after going into the contact details view, I should be able to display my application specific context menu item (in contact list) and also display an Action in the Action menu in the overflow.  

Also another question arises which is how to and where the attributes of these menu items like label & icon need to be set that identifies my app in the core contacts app for example.

Are we there yet with BB 10, I am not sure if we are there yet but if we are not, I would like to hear about any plans for such deep core application menu integration that I am used to in BB OS 7 and prior.  

<invoke-target id="com.example.image.view">
  <invoke-target-type>application</invoke-target-type>
  <filter>
    <action>bb.action.OPEN</action>
    <mime-type>image/png</mime-type>
    <mime-type>image/jpeg</mime-type>
  </filter> 
</invoke-target>