Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

Advice for Windows non English users!

If you are using Windows for your development and it is a non English version and  there are "national characters" in some of your file path´s (Swedish version has) or even different names for some path (Not sure if this is a problem) get a computer with an English version of Windows or have an English version installed on your development computer. It will save you from a lot of  stupid and very time consuming problems. And start out with a test if the simulator can run ok on that computer. Only one of my 3 computers can run the simulator. (The laptop) The others refuse. Rumor says it has something to do with the graphic card. I really do not like to do serious work on a laptop so I have it hooked up on a local area network and access it from my main computer with remote desktop and I have a small but reliable file server with mirrored disks for backup (QNAP)  Windows "SyncToy" is an excellent tool for backup.

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Advice for Windows non English users!

Solution #2 (a lot cheaper)

Install everything in c:\BB\<Path>\<Path> using only a-z+0-9 for <paths>

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

Re: Advice for Windows non English users!

High,

The problem with national characters is not related to installation path's. I NEVER use them ANYWHERE

Its the "personal" type of path that Windows provide like for example "Local Settings" -> "Lokala Inställningar" that are used by "Chrome" and the simulator that messes things up. At least it did for me on Windows XP

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-