Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

App Platform Project Query

I write as one new to development.  I have a copy of Visual Studio 2008 Team System and have been learning C#.  I have an old Blackberry 8330 Curve and would want to continue a project started in C#.  What would be the best guidance on how to do so.  Which SDK would best fit me at this point?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: App Platform Project Query

Native BlackBerry development can be done (I'm assuming you want a native application) in Java or in web technologies (HTML, CSS and JavaScript) using the BlackBerry WebWorks toolkit. Neither option is similar to C# development, so I don't know what to even recommend for you.

Better to know what the app does in order to recommend the best approach.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App Platform Project Query

Much thanks for your reply.  My goal is to develop a server-based mobile app where content and progress is to exist in the form of a 'dashboard'.  Ideally, the app will be interest-based  e.g.  If the student has an interest in sports... particularly soccer.  The question would have soccer themes imagery/graphics and the question would be based on something that would actually query something found in soccer. 

It is hope that I have provided enough for you to continue .  I appreciate your continued efforts on my behalf