Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Reliance, Loop
Accepted Solution

App get stuck on Splash screen

I was trying to add BBM Support in my Apps but suddendly my apps are not working. I had roll back everything as last  working state still no use. I am using Sencha and Webworks and packaging thru ripple, trying to run on device with debug token. 

Please help asap.

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" and don't forget to click on "Like".
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: App get stuck on Splash screen

Open your app on the device, connect to the Remote Debugger, go into the console and type location.reload(). This will re-load your app and should show any error messages that occur during the startup phase.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Developer

Thanks for your help.

I am not able to invoke remote debugger. Tried to regenerate debug token and signin with new token. Still problem remains the same. If i access thru brouser every thing works fine. Even my previouse bar file don't work. Please note i am trying this on Z10 not on Alpha or LE.

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" and don't forget to click on "Like".
Developer

If even an existing BAR file won't start, fix that first. Try removing the app, rebooting the device and reinstalling the app. You could use Ripple, or install directly from the command line:

blackberry-deploy
  -installApp
  -package <path-to-bar-file>
  -device <ipnumber>
  -password <password>

Does the old .BAR file run then?

What do you mean by "not able to invoke remote debugger"? If your app is signed with a debug token and the Z10 is in developer mode, you can access the remote debugger after starting the app by browsing to the IP address of the device on port 1337 (either via Wifi or USB). You'll see a screen with 3 WebKit instances. Choose the middle one. Then reload via the console as described. The remote debugger is the single most important tool when developing in WebWorks and should always work. If it doesn't, there's something more seriously wrong.

A Z10 is exactly the same as a Dev Alpha B or LE.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Developer

Hi, My old Bar File is working. If i am extracting content and repackaging it gives same error. Means there is some thing worng with signin or debug token. Please suggest some solution.

New Developer

Hi, I had tried to create new fresh App. That also after permission page hangs. What could be problem. 

Developer

girishthakkar wrote:

Hi, My old Bar File is working. If i am extracting content and repackaging it gives same error.

What error exactly?

New Developer

No Error just blank BlackBerry logo screen and if i try to connect with debuger it says not found. 

http://169.254.0.253:1337

Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 979370
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 979370 bytes
Info: Progress 100%...
actual_dname:Smiley TongueroAudioTools.testRel_oAudioTools57c53e12
actual_id::testRel_oAudioTools57c53e12
actual_version::2.0.0.4
result::success

I was able to work on debugger and suddenly it stop working, i had reverse all changes except Policy URL on vendor portal. Do you think due to this it create problem. 

I  am trying production version with new signin keys.

Retired
My Device: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Z3
My Carrier: Bell

It's possible you may have accidently added some hidden files into the WebWorks installation directory which are being added to your app and interfering with the startup routine.

To check this, rename your .BAR to .ZIP and extract the contents. Unhide hidden files and look for anything unusual. This problem is particularly prone to mac users as the OS creates .DS_STORE files.

Bryan Higgins
BlackBerry WebWorks
@bryanhiggins
New Developer

I found  .DS_STORE in some directories, removed from ZIP file thru WinZIP and generated bar file again. Still same problem (Black screen) . I tried even in bar file. 

Now there is no hidden files in bar file. Still i am not getting remote debugger.