Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

App installing in BB7.1 , not installing on BB6.1

Hello All,

I am trying to develop an application with phonegap.

this got successfully built and created a .cod file.

the .cod i am able to sign it with signratureTool.jar and i got successfully installed on both BB6.1 and BB7.1.

but the application is launching only on BB7.1 , on BB6.1 even the splash page which i have acheived with rim:loadingScreen is not shown in BB6.1.

can anyone let me know why this problme, though BB7 and earlier is a case where an app developed for BB7 OS can be deployed on BB6 also?

Am i missing something?

is it problem with signtures or anything else.

Regards,

LJ

--------
- If a post contains the solution to the problem, please click "Accept as Solution"
- If a post contains helpful content, please give it a "Thumbs Up"

developer.blackberry.com
@BlackBerryDev
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: App installing in BB7.1 , not installing on BB6.1

Can you please check your webworks properties where we give SDK path that he used to build application.

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Trusted Contributor

hello Kamal,
thanks for the reply, i have webworks sdk path pointing to webworks SDK for smartphones, which is supposed to work for blackberry7 or earlier, so the same executable should wokr for bb6 also right? but its not launching? what might be the reason?
--------
- If a post contains the solution to the problem, please click "Accept as Solution"

developer.blackberry.com
@BlackBerryDev
Trusted Contributor

any solution for this?why the signed app is installing on bb7 nad not on bb6 phones.
--------

developer.blackberry.com
@BlackBerryDev
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Curious if there is a permission issue with the version installed on your BB6.1 smartphone. Can I suggest opening the options page from the device home screen, looking for 'application permissions' and ensuring that this application has full access?

It could be possible that the OS is blocking the app somehow.

Otherwise, how much free memory is there on the BB6.1 device? if the app cannot launch because there is not enough memory available, the behavior you have described would be expected.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.