Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Multiple
My Carrier: Multiple

BB 9860 v7.1.0.523 Browser - <input autocomplete="off"/> not turning off predictive

I am trying a HTML page with a simple input as below

<input type="text" autocomplete="off"/>

Expected behavior is that the Predictive text should not be appearing for this field. But still it shows up the predicitive text.

This is what is documented as well to be used to turn it off.

Anyone else got the same issue?

Ideally, this is used for fields which may not have coherent words typed, such as user ids, capcha, etc. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: BB 9860 v7.1.0.523 Browser - <input autocomplete="off"/> not turning off predictive

Hi there,

Could you confirm, is this happening from your packaged WebWorks app, or when using the Browser on the phone to view a web page?

Contributor
My Device: Multiple
My Carrier: Multiple

Re: BB 9860 v7.1.0.523 Browser - <input autocomplete="off"/> not turning off predictive

Just trying to access a page using the browser. Any simple page with the input control should be enough to reproduce the issue.

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Hi aravindbz,

The autocomplete tag behavior differs on BB10/PlayBook and Java devices. Prior to touch devices, autocomplete was used solely to allow for auto-fill of previously entered values (addresses/etc). More recently and on touch devices, this is also used to turn on/off predictive text. Seems that only BB10/PlayBook browser/WebWorks supports this out of the box.

I will reach out to our documentation team to update the docs with this information.