Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
10-03-2012 10:21 AM
Sure, send away. firstname.lastname@example.org is good. You can send me the zip, and or the bar, if you send the bar please package it with -d so I can see what's happening.
10-03-2012 09:39 PM
I had a look at your app, you were pretty close to getting it right but here are a couple suggestions that should make things work. I re-packaged it myself and it worked fine with the changes below:
1. When whitelisting a domain, you don't need to append the actual path on the server so it's preffered to use this: <access uri="http://brooklynn.ky" subdomains="true" /> please add this and remove the trailing "/sitemanager" as well as the closing brance that encloses the feature elements, this is not needed.
2. You are attempting to invoke the browser using the target =_blank this is not yet supported but will be out in the next release Rel 10. You can follow the conversation here: https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Framew
3. To accomplish what you want in the meantime you should REMOVE the following code:
4. You should now add a click handler to your <li><a>Control Center</a></li> such that when clicked it will call the openWebLinkInBrowser() function. You are never calling it, but if you would, it would invoke properly.
5. Compile your app with the -d flag and use web inspector it is available in development mode as <device-ip>:1337. It will provide you with lots of usefull information to debug with.
I hope that helps. I as able to get it working no problem for myself, so give it a shot. Nice app by the way .
10-04-2012 01:06 PM
at last gold.danke schoen
Is it better to place scripts in <head> section? or after last <div> before closing </body>?
10-04-2012 01:37 PM
Where you put your scripts will be very similar to how you would want to optimize a page on the normal web. The "webworks ready" event is to be used to kick-off your scripts that require use of the API. The reason I did not add the webworks ready for you, is that you are calling it on click from a user, and not onload.
Refer to the documentation at this link for more information on webworks ready:
ele = document.createElement(
For general loading information for performance please see the following:
If your situation was resolved, please mark the thread as resolved! Thanks! Any further help you need just let me know you have my email .