Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
01-08-2013 02:36 AM - edited 01-08-2013 02:38 AM
Compared to other native apps in the simulator, my BB 10 jQuery Mobile app renders a very large UI.
Native BB 10 App:
01-08-2013 12:55 PM
Do you mean in the meta tag for the viewport? I removed it according to the advice from another advisor on Github.
Didn't solve the issue.
This jQuery Mobile app is an HTML5 Web App which I'm porting to BB 10. I didn't have any rendering issues before. Only when I switched out the BB10 JS and CSS.
Also, the BB10 JQM Theme Kitchen Sink has the same problem when I launch in the browser. I haven't tried to compile it to the simulator, but the UI is very large there as well and that is where I getting the BlackBerry-JQM-all.css and BlackBerry-JQM-all.js.
01-08-2013 08:04 PM
The easiest way for me to debug is for you to send me a bar -d file OR a zip file. I can try it out and see if I can replicate the behaviour in Safari and Chrome. My email is below.
01-09-2013 03:45 AM
I had similar problem. Probably you must change viewport metadata.
It solved the problem for me, good luck
01-09-2013 01:50 PM - edited 01-09-2013 01:52 PM
I followed this solution recommended by biggerCC here:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=720, user-scalable=no, target-densityDpi=160" />
Thanks @PawelGorny for leading me in the right direction!