Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Dev Alpha C, Red Z10, Black Z10
My Carrier: NIL

BB10 service integration

Hello!

I'm building an app for Blackberry 10 that is nearly ready to submit.  The only thing I would really like to do at this point is make it elligible for BFB.  The place I really get stuck is with the one required service.  I am using BBui.js and webworks.  My app is a bookkeeping app, so if possible I don't want my app to be able to connect to the internet at all.  That would make my users feel safer, knowing there is no way that their personal data will be tracked.

Unfortunately, I believe all of the services require an internet connection.  So if I have to use an online service, I want to use the least intrusive, most valuable to the end user possible.  Obviously location and mapping are out of the question.  Bad enough to be connected to the internet, but to track your location too just wouldn't fly IMO.

I don't understand what the push service is, but it looks like it's for magazine-type things.  That excludes that service.  I don't really want advertising in the app (as I was planning on making it a paid app), so the only two options remaining are Payment Service (I suppose I could ask for donations to help me improve the app faster), and analytics service (this would have to be off by default, allowing users to opt-in at their own will).

The Analytics service SDK is not yet available for Blackberry 10, so that leaves me with the Payment Service as my only option.  So I am trying to make sense of this page: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.payment.html

Now the question comes: When I implement the code on that page, I get a compile error saying "Failed to find feature with id: blackberry.payment".  Then when I try to fire the "pay();" event, I get an error message that says "ErrorReferenceError: Can't find variable: blackberry".  Is there something I'm missing, or is the payment service not yet available for Blackberry 10.  I was hoping to submit my app during the October/November time frame because I got an email saying that I would have better odds for gaining preferred carousel placement if I did.

Now I am contemplating submitting my app, and later submitting an update once the SDKs become available.  Or am I just using them wrong?  Am I missing some piece of documentation to discover how to use them?  I find it odd that there is nowhere in the blackberry payment that gives a dollar amount.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!