Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: Developer
My Carrier: MTN

BBM connected webworks app for distribution from a specific web address

Good day fellow developers, am Igodo and am glad to be with you in this forum. Please i need assistance on an issue concerning developing BBM connected webworks app. I have developed and tested a BBM connected app on a BB device. However i intend to distribute the webworks app outside the BB Appworld (users visit a specified web page to download the app). I want to know if there's support for BBM connection for apps distributed this way.

I will truly appreciate your response and concern

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBM connected webworks app for distribution from a specific web address

This is not recommended for BBM connected applications.

Users of BBM connected applications are divided into two groups.  Those who installed the application from BlackBerry World and those that side loaded the application.

This is to keep production users and developers/testers in their own areas.  These two groups do not interact with one another (act as separate applications when it comes to BBM).  If you release your application to users in this way they could be confused as to why they can't interact with their contacts (if one downloaded from BlackBerry World and another side loaded the application).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker