Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

BBM dependency checker - hiding/removing one of the icons

Hi,

I currently have a webworks application that uses some BBM features. In order to handle the cases where users don't have the BBM version required we implemented the BBM dependency checker. After we use the updatejad.exe to combine the proxy app with our main application (updatejad.exe application.jad application_proxy.jad) and install the app we are left with 2 icons for our app on the home screen.

In the dependency checker documentation it mentions to select "Do not display the application icon on the BlackBerry home screen" in the application descriptor for the core application. Since this is a webworks app we don't have an application descriptor, unless I have completely overlooked something. 

So is there any way to only display 1 icon?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBM dependency checker - hiding/removing one of the icons

Its possible that a step was missed from the "BlackBerry Messenger SDK - Version Checking" document, available for download here: https://developer.blackberry.com/appworld/bbm

Have you done the following?

1) Build your WebWorks app from the command line using "bbwp yourAppName.zip /s" 

2) Import the files from the generated /src folder into Eclipse

3) In Eclipse, "do not display the application icon"

4) Configure the proxy application

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.