Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 9860, 9900, playbook
My Carrier: Telenor (Sweden)

Back button stops working after a while

I'm working on an app where I use bbUI.js. The app has several pages whch I navigate between by pressing buttons or clicking on e.g. list items. The content in the app is dowloaded from a server.

I*m having problems with the back button stops responding in the app, I've also seen this behaviour in another of my developed apps. The problem never occurs immidiately, I have to navigate between some pages first, sometimes I can use the app for just 30s and other times I don't experience the problem at all.

I've experienced the problem on theese phones:

• BlackBerry Bold 9900 (v 7.0.0.585, Platform 5.0.0.734)
  • BlackBerry Torch 9860 (v 7.0.0.576, Platform 5.0.0.733)

Anyone else experiencing the same problem or have a solution?

Thanks in advance

/H

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Back button stops working after a while

Some back button (hardware key) issues were resolved in version 2.3.1 of the WebWorks SDK.  Can you confirm you are using this version, and if not please upgrade and try again?

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/download/sdk

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I'm aware of some back button issues that were resolved in version 2.3.1 of the WebWorks SDK. Are you using that version?

Would like find a set of steps that consistently reproduce this issue. What is the nature of the pages you are navigating between?  Are they hash-bangs, or separate pages?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Developer

Hi!

Yes I'm using WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5.

I can reproduce the issue, but unfourtunately I haven't figured out a bullet proof way of doing it. To me it seems a bit random when it happens but what I do know is that I have to use the app for a while before it happens, i.e. navigate between at least a few pages before it happens and sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

I use separate pages with bbui.js. I have let's say 5 different .htm pages which I navigate between and fill with different data. I don't know what hash-bangs is.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Referring to loading different sections of the same page, or tricking the browser history into thinking the current context is on.

e.g. mysite.com/#!chapter1 and myseite.com/#!chapter2 could be 2 different content views defined on the same page - the browser would think they are separate pages in the history, so you could click "back" and return to the previous view.

Do you have any custom page load events, or URL redirection logic in place that may be interfering with the back button behavior?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

henrik,

Are you using bb.pushScreen to open the pages? Is it just the back button or the whole app that stops responding? If you think it is related to the bbui then you might want to log an issue here:

https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/issues

New Developer

Yes the bb.pushScreen is used to open pages. It's just the back button that stops working, the rest of the app and buttons work fine. I also have a back menu option that works when the back button stops working. I.e. by pressing the menu button, you can navigate back by selecting the added menu option back.

New Developer

I have some pages that I just change content in and then treats as seperate pages. So yes you might be on to something there astanley.