Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Verison

Basic web page example

I have an application I need to deploy to some blackberries in my company. I have to use an internal site to do this. Using a BEZ is out. (Don't go there) Everything is wireless so using desktop manager is out. I read I can make a webpage with a download link to perform the install. Does someone have an example of a vanilla page with this so I can see how to do it?

The app is salesforce for blackberry.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Basic web page example

Greetings and thanks for your post.

I believe what you are looking for is more information on Over-the-air (OTA) installation using the JAD file generated when you compile your BlackBerry application.  Please see the following developer learning resources for more information

Once deployed, when you open the JAD file using the BlackBerry Browser.  The browser reads the contents of the JAD file and prompts the user with an installation page for the given application.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.