Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: None

Being mailbombed by websigner@ws-smtp.rim.net everytime i deploy to real device?????

Hi!

I successfully went through the signing process ( by following the instructions from RIM on how to allow the BlackBerry SignatureTool to register with the Signing Authority). Every time I deploy my application (using the ant support in the BlackBerry Widget SDK)  to my Blackberry device I get HUNDREDS of mail from 

websigner@ws-smtp.rim.net

Looking like this..

A code signing request completed successfully for client '3746712986'.  The client has 2147483647 request(s) left.

The client was sent back the following message:

Signing server ID RRT signed code file from client ID 3746712986.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This happens every time I deploy!

What is happening and how do I stop this????

/Jonas

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: TIM

Re: Being mailbombed by websigner@ws-smtp.rim.net everytime i deploy to real device?????

I got the same problem.

But, the gmail groups the e-mails for me and from time to time, i delete them Smiley Tongue

i just ignore it.

Márcio Saeger - Software Engineer, Softwell Solutions
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Being mailbombed by websigner@ws-smtp.rim.net everytime i deploy to real device?????

[ Edited ]

This is the expected (and unfortunately wildly unpopular) results.

You will get a separate email for each signing key that is applied to each COD file in your application.  Due to the nature of how OTA deployment works with the BlackBerry Device software, large applications can be split up into multiple 64Kb COD files (that are assembled during install).  As a result, if you have a large application (e.g. 2Mb+), you can get many emails.

Although the flood of emails may seem overwhelming, there is merit in receiving notifications when your signing keys are being used.  It does provide a way of monitoring and responding to unauthorized usage.

I just spoke with the code signing guys and they are working on a solution to make this better.  You may have noticed that the PlayBook signing process does not invoke these emails.  The best way to manage this is in the meantime is to either setup an email filter, or have an alternate email address assigned to your signing keys (so that these notifications go there and not flood your inbox).  

Note - new code signing keys are also issued using the same email addrress, so you don't want to block this address entirely.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: TIM

Fine!
Márcio Saeger - Software Engineer, Softwell Solutions
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Hi,

are there any news on this?

----------------------------------------------------------
find my widgets -> http://blackberry.itbert.de
New Contributor
My Device: 8560
My Carrier: vodacom

The short answer is NO.

SpamBerry in the last 2 days have sent me more than 1,000 of these goddamn messages.

And that after I received the original 3 code signing messages 2 days earlier.

And looking at posts on the web people just live with it, what **bleep**!

BlackBerry / RIM get your collective asses in gear and solve this noonsense. Damnit it has been going for more than a year, no wonder you are slipping down the slippery slope into oblivion!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8560
My Carrier: vodacom

Hello, anyone at CrackBerry listening?

SpamBerry in the last 2 days have sent me more than 1,000 of these goddamn messages.

And that after I received the original 3 code signing messages 2 days earlier.

And looking at posts on the web people just live with it, what **bleep**!

BlackBerry / RIM get your collective asses in gear and solve this noonsense. Damnit it has been going for more than a year, no wonder you are slipping down the slippery slope into oblivion!