Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry 9530 Simulator Problem - Possible Bug

I have a situation where when I click on a  thumbnail (of many thumbnails) for a webpage to take me full screen on that webpage, the fullscreen webpages linked to other thumbnails gets "blended into" the correct webpage. It's almost as if other webpages are leaking or something. There are absolutely no HTML/CSS issues here - I've quadruple-checked. 

The individual webpages work and show perfectly in all popular laptop web browsers and in eclipse, but not in the simulator.

What is going on here? Is there an error in the simulator? This issue is vital for displaying content correctly - I've been bogged down for two weeks on this.

Either there's a fix I'm not aware of or Blackberry 9530 simulator has a HUGE bug. If there's a fix, please help me out (highly appreciated); if it's a bug, please get this resolved.Smiley Sad

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry 9530 Simulator Problem - Possible Bug

When you mention "clicking on a thumbnail" of a web page.... where are the thumbnails that you are clicking?  Are the thumbnails part of a web page you have created?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Contributor

No, the thumbnails are within a GUI I created for an app I'm almost done with. They're simply images that link to a fullscreen view of a what's supposed to be the corresponding webpage.

Instead, various parts of different webpages of different thumbnails are leaking in, but this ONLY happens on the simulator; all browsers and eclipse are fine.

Contributor

3044i900143D7C363874C

Here's a sample of what's happening to me now. Despite clean CSS code and HTML code, the images and div tags overlap in the simulator.

3045i72867325C67C3E88

However, this doesn't happen in Eclipse or in any browser that renders the webpage(s).

What's going on here?

Retired

I would say that there is either a quirk in the CSS rendering on BlackBerry or that there is something to do with the layout based on the size of the screen/page

If you shrink your desktop browser page width down to the same width as the BlackBerry screen resolution, does it also give this overlap effect?

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Contributor

No, the css stays consistent despite page changes.

I always put my pages in holders and the layout consistent with the holder dimensions. Thus, the page size and layout should always stay the same. 

W3C's CSS and HTML validators accepted the code as fine, so there's nothing wrong with the code.

The BrowserField is the at the most up-to-date version. 

Any ideas?

Retired

I would say that there is likely a bug with the CSS layout on the Blackberry.

What I would suggest is trying to find another CSS set of attributes to satisfy your layout needs and then dynamically loading in the proper CSS via JavaScript for the browser by first detecting that it is the BlackBerry Browser then loading the style sheet.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter