Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry BrowserContent Field

[ Edited ]

Hi , I am trying to use BrowserContent to embed a browser field into my application however i have these issues. If anyone know the solution for these issues please help me with this. Thanks

1. The browsercontent displays content of Twitter webpage. However when i try to log in Twitter. I always get the response "403: We understood the request, but we refuse to accept". It happens only on the my device, on the simulator it works just fine

2. When i go to some webpage: "m.google.com" The way the page is rendered doesnt look good at all. So is there anyway to make it look better. It looks really plain, seems like the CSS and table format doesnt work at all. So i tried to enable CSS, JavaScript, etc.. by using 

_renderingSession.getRenderingOptions().setProperty(RenderingOptions.CORE_OPTIONS_GUID, RenderingOptions.JAVASCRIPT_ENABLED|RenderingOptions.ENABLE_CSS, true);  yet it doesnt change anything at all. 

3. I dont want to click on "Get Link" on the menu everytime i click on the link. I want it behaves as the native browser which is when you click on the link it will redirect you to the link right away without clicking on the menu "Get Link".  I tried the solution which traps the "Enter Key" to perform "Get Link" on the menu. However, i dont really like that solution, is there a better solution which you can call the "Get Link" function directly?

Thank once again 

Message Edited by apham070 on 06-16-2009 02:55 PM
Developer

Re: BlackBerry BrowserContent Field

Exactly the same problems with me !!

Any help is appriciated..

Developer

1. Maybe the server refuses request from handheld devices?

2. Try separating the two property settings:

_renderingSession.getRenderingOptions().setProperty(RenderingOptions.CORE_OPTIONS_GUID, RenderingOptions.JAVASCRIPT_ENABLED, true); _renderingSession.getRenderingOptions().setProperty(RenderingOptions.CORE_OPTIONS_GUID, RenderingOptions.ENABLE_CSS, true);

2b. I have a problem with javascript: it doesn't work for me. Omitting the setProperty for JAVASCRIPT_ENABLED, when I click on a button containing javascript, the haldheld tells me it is not enabled for executing, but when I set to true the that property it does not warn me on anything, but at the same time nothing happens... Any suggestion? (Thank you to anyone who replies on this)

3. No. At least Mark Sohm said so in some thread. Go search for it, there's a workaround for that.

Developer

2b. I found the solution to my problem Smiley Happy
New Developer

[ Edited ]

I found the solution to this problem.The fix is so simple once you find it. Smiley Very Happy 

Just include target="_self" in the <a> tag of your html and everything works like a magic Smiley Happy

Good Luck!