Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry PlayBook WebWorks applications must be recompiled

Please note that due to changes in the underlying APIs, all BlackBerry PlayBook WebWorks applications that were previously submitted to BlackBerry App World must be recompiled using the version 0.9.4 Tablet OS SDK and resubmitted to App World.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but this change is necessary for the application to run on a PlayBook.

This only applies to WebWorks applications for PlayBook.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook WebWorks applications must be recompiled

Actually there is one slight clarification on this one Smiley Happy

There were underlying API signature changes made to the WebView API used to render WebWorks applications between Tablet SDK 0.9.3 and 0.9.4.  

This caused a binary incompatibility with the framework code used for WebWorks Beta 2 to run on the latst OS versoin.  The WebWorks Beta 3 SDK has the appropriate changes to be able to compile and run on the latest PlayBook simulator 0.9.4

So make sure that you re-compile your WebWorks apps with the latest Beta 3 and test them out on the latest 0.9.4 simulator.

If you have built an AIR application that uses these same WebView APIs, you will also need to adjust your code, re-compile and re-submit your AIR application.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: playbook

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook WebWorks applications must be recompiled

hi MSohm/tneil & RIM team

It seems 0.9.4 has inadvertently ‘removed’ the support for Unicode (UTF8) characters which used to work perfectly fine in 0.9.3

Hope this will not adversely effect approval of my app (which primarily depends on that feature)

I have opened up issue (TABLET-144) in bug tracker (https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-144)

Looking forward to support/help

Thanks for your time and attention

Harsh Thakkar Smiley Happy