Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Tablet OS
My Carrier: MTN

BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 smartphone offer

Thanks for the phone. Is there any way to make it work on GSM network (we're in South Africa), or are these CDMA only devices?

Would be sad for such a great marketing effort to go to waste.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 smartphone offer

Unfortunatly, these phones are worthless except if you live in the US and  your carrier is Sprint. I'm with Bell in Canada and they have CDMA, but the phones are locked to Sprint and there's nothing you can do. I've attempted to contact RIM in any way possible , but as always, it's a futile effort to reach anybody.

I'm beginning to wonder, when I get my playbook will it also be crippled in some way?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook

The PlayBook devices distributed through the developer offer are 16GB WiFi models.

In regards to the Style, I'd contact the developer team to see if you could have a GSM version shipped to you.

Contributor

Would anyone happen to know how to contact the developer team?

Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

There is only one BIG problem Smiley Happy Style model is only CDMA. There is no GSM version Smiley Happy

Contributor

I'd be an extremely happy camper if someone at RIM would offer to swap this out for a Bell Canada version.

Developer
My Device: 8300>9000>9700>9900>Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Bump

I've received a style 9760 phone, but i'm in the UK - and I now realise the phone is useless.

Can anyone help me get in touch with anyone at RIM to get it exchanged?

Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

You can't exchange this phone. It is only working in USA. There is no GSM version. Participating in this contest means that you agree with Terms and Conditions where was written that you will get the BB Style phone which is only available to work id CDMA service.

Developer
My Device: 8300>9000>9700>9900>Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Fair enough, I understand if its not flexible. I was entered into this offer automatically though, It's not like i signed up and knew the t&c in advance.

It just seems a silly waste to end up with a nice phone that may as well go in the bin. It would be much more sensible to offer an alternative for those outside of the US if you ask me.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook

Perhaps send it back to RIM in that case.