Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid

The BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid was first created as a GUI interface for the command line toos that make up the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR.  It has now been updated to support the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS and provides an easy interface for many common actions, including:

• Configure your BlackBerry Code Signing Keys
  • Build and sign a WebWorks for Tablet OS Application
  • Create and install Debug Tokens
  • Deploy the application to the simulator or real device

Check it out using the following link. Windows and Mac installers are provided as well as the full source code for the application. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/BlackBerry-Tablet-OS-Graphical-Aid/ta-...

Feedback is welcomed, just reply to this thread.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook

Re: BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid

I'm trying to get this setup on a Windows 7-64bit machine where I have the Tablet and Phone SDKs installed in the following directories:

Phone - C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.15

Tablet - C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5

When I am in the configuration wizard and selecting the location for the two SDKs I select the paths above as their locations.  Then when I select my sigtool.p12 file for inclusion in the Phone SDK I get an error stating that the application can't move the file to ..\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.15\bbwp\sigtool.p12.  If I try to create the folder myself Windows complains that I can't create a folder with the same name as a file, there is a bbwp file in the folder.  Should I be deleting that file and leaving bbwp.exe in the folder?

When I get to the Tablet signing part of the configuration it complains that the SDK path is incorrect.

I've copied my sigtool.p12 key to %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion (this was where I found the Research in Motion folder and where Ripple had its folder).  Also, I've run the tool as both Standard User and Administrator on my box.  Can you help me out on this one?

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero

Try to copy your p12 file to %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p12 and point the GUI aid to it there.

Mark Sohm

Developer

I receive the same error.  Picture is below.

ErrorCopying.png

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero

I've attached a new version that should fix this error.  Can you give it a try?

Mark Sohm

Developer

It looks like the update worked for the Developer Certificate error that I showed above.  Thank you!  Now when I'm registering the Tablet OS keys it complains about the SDK not being found.  The Tablet SDK is installed down:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research in Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5

I have the PBDT and RDK files down my C:\Users\bnolan\ directory, is that fine or should they be in a different directory?  The error I see is:

The path to your SDK is not correct.  Please run configuration wizard.  Command not executed.

This issue relates to changes in the version 2.2.0.5 WebWorks SDK.  I'll have a fix available for it shortly.

As a workaround, create a file called "bbwp" in your BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp directory.

Mark Sohm

Developer

I tried creating the bbwp file but it didn't work.  Still complained about the Tablet SDK directory being incorrect.  If you'll have a fix soon I can wait for you to be finished and then test that out.

Developer

Any idea when the fix for the Tablet OS key registration will be ready?

I hope to have it up this week.  Here is an early release you can try.

Mark Sohm