Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Web Development Plug-in for Eclipse v1.0 BETA available for download!!!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to anounce that the new BlackBerry Web Development Plug-in for Eclipse v1.0 BETA is now available for download.

This tooling release is focused on allowing you to set breakpoints in your JavaScript and debug your web pages on a BlackBerry Simulator within Eclipse.  It will work with both projects you have in your workspace and will also allow you to point the BlackBerry Browser to an arbitrary URL and debug its content.  So your web content doesn't have to be built inside of Eclipse in order to debug it.

Web content debugging will be available for simulators running handheld OS v4.6.0 and up.  The BETA only comes with support for Bold (includes the simulator with install), but the support to plug-in other simulators will be coming shortly.

You will even have visibility into all of your XHR AJAX calls (request, response, headers etc)  And you can see all of the resources that were loaded in your page, their size, and how long they took to load.

The BETA v1.0 plug-in requires Eclipse 3.4

You can check out the details of the beta here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/devbetasoftware/eclipse.jsp 

I hope you enjoy this new offering in Eclipse.   Please be sure to report any issues or feature requests using the Developer Issue Tracker here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/issuetracker/

Cheers

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Retired

Re: BlackBerry Web Development Plug-in for Eclipse v1.0 BETA available for download!!!

As an update, Known Issues lists and development guides can be found here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Web+Develop...
Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Web Development Plug-in for Eclipse v1.0 BETA available for download!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new with BlackBerry.  I downdoaded and installed this beta version as instructed. Then I was going to create a Blackberry web project as instructed below "1.In Eclipse®, select File --> New --> Other.

2. In the New dialog, expand Web.

3. Select Dynamic Web Project.

However, I don't find the Web item at step 2 so I can not go to step 3 to create Dynamic Web Project although  I already updated Software and can see "BlackBerry Web Development Pluggin" as an installed software In Software Update and Adds on window.

Is there any missing form the beta version? Please let me know if I need to do something to overcome the issue.

Please help me with this. Thanks so much

Truc Pham

Retired

Hi There,

Can you ensure that you have Java 1.6 installed on your system.  This is likely the cause of the problem. If you have multiple JVMs, please  make sure the “Path” system variable points to Java 1.6.

You can check the Java version by calling from a command prompt window “java –version”.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Retired

Also can you list your Installed Eclipse version and how you installed the plug-in.. i.e. standalone installer or the Update site

Thanks

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

Thanks for your answers. I edited the System path to point Java 1.6  but it still does not work. The Eclipse version is 3.4.2. I installed it with by using the uploaded full installer (BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.0.0.67.exe).

Please advise me next steps.

Thanks

Retired

Would it be possible for you to open the Eclipse instance where the installer installed the BlackBerry plugin and then go to Help -> About Eclipse Platform -> Configuration Details

Then select everything from that dialog, copy it and post it for us to see? This should help us to debug the problem.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Retired

I just noticed in one of your posts that you actually downloaded the BlackBerry Java (JDE) plug-in for eclipse.

If you are looking to debug your website you will want the Web plugin for eclipse.  The full download can be found here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/devbetasoftware/eclipse.jsp

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

Configuration details of Eclipse on my system is at http://www.yousendit.com/download/cmcyZEU4Q1BUME5MWEE9PQ

(I can not post here since the message exceed 20 000characters)

Thanks so much

New Developer

Thanks a lot, I am able to create a Dynamic web project with BlackBerry_Web_Tools_Plugin from your link. BTW, can you show me a place that has examples or tutorials about writing a BlackBerry web application and running on a simulator ? I appreciate it.