Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry WebWorks Packager

Hi there

I am looking at the instructions on how to package a webworks project and can't seem to figure it out and was hoping to get some help.

- This is for smartphones using the new HTML5 Webworks kit.

- I have Ripple installed (v 0.9.0.11)

- I have the WebWorks SDK installed (link from the new site): It's BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.15

and installed under C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.15

On the new site, it mentions the default path is C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager\.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_getting_started/creating_an_app_1885567_1...

I am going to assume the instructions are wrong(?) and the correct (default) path is

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.15

If it's not wrong, then where would I find this new packager? Link from the new site points to BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.15 which installs to the path above. 

So assuming it's wrong, I even tried correcting the path under Ripple settings to 

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.15

That gave me an error 

Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Feature cannot be found in any extention(blackberry.ui)

All I am trying to do at this point is get the sample app to run. No modifications at all.

Hoping someone can help. I am trying to test drive my app and package it, but just spent last 3 hours trying to just package a demo app. 

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry WebWorks Packager

Hi raj786,

Thanks for pointing out the mistake in the docs, we have people working on it. The docs are referring to the OLD default path before the most recent SDKs.

I do not believe that there is a feature "blackberry.ui". I believe the only relevant ones are blackberry.ui.dialog and blackberry.ui.menu.Can you please post your config.xml so I can verify its correct?

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Hey Jeff

Forgot to update this. 

Yea the issue was that the Weather Demo (for Gelocation) has a feature called blackberry.ui reference in its config.xml This is straight up from the sample apps section on developers.blackberry/html5  

So yea figured out that it didn't exist so removed it and was able to package it now. I was just confused because I didn't expect the sample app itself to have a bug like that so kept thinking it was something with my local installation. 

Anyway, hoping the guys there can fix the sample app as well for the next developer. 

Thanks,

Tehsin

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hi,

I am having similar kind of problem with UIExamples.

It says Feature cannot be found in any extension(blackberry.ui.spinner

after gettign this error for the first time I copied the folder with a structure 

blackberry.ui.spinner->C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5\ext\blackberry.ui.spinner\blackberry\ui\spinner

I still get the Feature cannot be found in any extension(blackberry.ui.spinner error.

Have you tried this example

Am i missing anything?