Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development


Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.


Reply
Highlighted
Retired
Posts: 1,561
Registered: ‎04-12-2010
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5: bbwp Errors

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

 

I just wanted to share this in case it helps others as I've seen a few threads on similar topics.

 

Today I went through a number of packaging scenarios and seem to have found an issue with JDK 6 update 45 (32-bit). Specifically, referencing this JDK version in my PATH and bbwp.properties file results in failed packaging attempts.

 

After rolling back to JDK6 update 31 (32-bit), updating my PATH variable, and updating bbwp.properties, everything is working fine again.

 

The primary error I saw was:

Executable name has embedded quote, split the arguments.

 

If you too are seeing RAPC, I/O Error, or other [ERROR] or [FATAL] errors during packaging, please try the the above and, if it resolves the issue, please post here which issue it resolves for you so that future developers can benefit from this as well.

 

If it does not resolve your issue, by all means start a new thread and the community will do their best to help.


Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.