Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry Widget SDK 1.0 Beta 1 released!

We are pleased to introduce the BlackBerry® Widget SDK 1.0 Beta 1, which consists of the BlackBerry Widget Packager 1.0 Beta 1, a BlackBerry Device Simulator, documentation and code samples.

The BlackBerry Widget Packager 1.0 Beta 1 is a new tool that allows web developers to package up their web assets into BlackBerry Widgets (small, discrete, standalone web applications that use HTML, CSS and JavaScript). A BlackBerry Widget looks, behaves and has the same security mechanisms as a native BlackBerry application. BlackBerry Widgets can be installed on a BlackBerry smartphone like any native application and can be extended to use device-specific information and data using the BlackBerry Widget APIs.

Downloads, documentation and samples can be found here:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/devbetasoftware/widgetsdk.jsp

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Widget SDK 1.0 Beta 1 released!

As an FYI, we now have an updated version of the JavaScript API reference.

It is now much more topical where the API's are grouped based on functionality.  The content is easier to read, and we also list all of the <feature> elements you need to declare in your config.xml file for each API you wish to use.

Please check it out:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/11850/index.html?name=API+Reference+-+BlackBer...

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

The new API reference is much nicer than the old one! Thanks!

When will we see the next version of the Widget Packager? Would love to have the known bugs fixed...

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The next Beta of the Widget Packager will be available Soon... Very.. Very... Soon Smiley Happy

Along with some other tooling availability... 

If there are some specific issues that you are finding, please post them up on the forum so that we can make sure they are being addressed by the development team.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I'm going to post in a separate thread right now what I've seen Smiley Wink Thanks Tim!