Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry v5.0 Browser cannot POST form to IFRAME

[ Edited ]

If you try to submit a form using method="POST" with target="SOME_IFRAME", the BlackBerry v5.0 Browser will submit the form to the action URL, in the IFRAME, but it won't actually send the form data. That is, Content-Length is 0 when you sniff packets received from the BlackBerry v5.0 Browser. Posting forms to a hidden IFRAME is a very commonly used technique in web applications to prevent the page from changing on form submission, so it's odd that this has been overlooked. This is a regression from BlackBerry v4.7, where there was no such problem submitting forms with a hidden IFRAME.

I was made aware of this problem from a problem reported with my application here. Post #129 has some test examples. It is a µTorrent WebUI application. I've tested this on the following simulators (with BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.4.exe):

- BlackBerry_Simulators_4.6.0.190_9000.exe [WORKING]

- BlackBerry_Simulators_4.7.0.75_9530-Verizon.exe [WORKING]

- BlackBerry_Simulators_5.0.0.228_9700.exe [NOTWORKING]

- BlackBerry_Simulators_5.0.0.252_9500.exe [NOT WORKING]

The user who brought the issue to my attention was using a physical BlackBerry 9000 running OS v5.0.0.314.

Can anybody else confirm?

New Developer

Re: BlackBerry v5.0 Browser cannot POST form to IFRAME

Anybody experiencing this issue should see ticket #WEBAPI-33 in the Developer Issue Tracker system.

New Developer
My Device: bold
My Carrier: developer

yes I confirm

I have the same issue I repported yesterday with key WEBAPI-32

it works fine for bold 9000 simulator 4.6 but did not work for bold 9700 simulator 5.0 (and other simulator 5.0)

no reply till now, I think they should consider that a bug in 5.0

keep me updating if you find any solution

thank you

New Developer
My Device: bold
My Carrier: developer

[ Edited ]

hello,

sorry, but why I cant see the tracker #WEBAPI-33?

thanks

New Developer

Not sure. I still see it here. I hesitate to link because I'm not sure if it's okay to link directly to tickets around here, but there you have it. If it doesn't work for you (like checking WEBAPI-32 throws a "PERMISSION VIOLATION" back at me), then I guess it's just not open for public viewing at the moment... or something.

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi, I am currently having the same issue on Bold 9700. The browser version is 5.0

I tried to check the WEBAPI-33 issue on the developer network but I got "permission violation" screen.

Was anyone able to fix it or find a hack around it? Will it be fixed on 6.0 ?

I also noticed another issue. If you put a form inside an Iframe, it won't work too even if you don't specify a target for the form.

Thanks,

Rony