Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Application Development

Dear Friends,
                    I have a web application project C# with ASP.Net,Crystal Report. but for me as per the client request all the report should come on the blackberry device like for example(what is my current transaction,current balance,current statement of accounts). how can i implement these functionalists. what kind of software required to connect WAN, How to implement.
I have download Blackberry visual studion plug in. Now I want to take report from blackberry. How i implement report in blackberry. If anybody have idea just help me..

Thank you

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Application Development

hello,

if I understand correctly, you want your application pool to be able to export results to a webpage that will find a way to identify the user, and deliver a report that he/she can browser on his/her Blackberry screen.
  • The web server must be reachable by your Blackberry. Check the BES settings so that happens correctly.
  • You must find a way to convert a Cristal report into a web page. That's either using the option if available, or having a developer of yours do that. don't use client-side XSL. It's intellectually elegant but crap in the real world.
  • the HTML code of the webpage must be simple and validate the W3 validator.
  • for identification of the user, it can be very classical : a form with credentials login/password. Or you can see what are the available functions to get the Blackberry's PIN and match it to your user database.

You can find all documentation on the SUPPORT section of the Blackberry.com website. After reading all the PDFs, there will certainly be people available on the forum to answer specific questions to help you. Good luck.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: