Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: -

Blackberry BBM SDK for WebWorks problem - Sample App - 'blackberry.bbm' [undefined] is not an object

Hi there, here is my problem:

When I try to run the sample app of BlackBerry BBM beta SDK, the app loads but when i try to interact with it, I get an error in the logs:

TypeError: Result of expression 'blackberry.bbm' [undefined] is not an object.

I have extracted the "blackberry.bbm.platform" folder of the bbm sdk into the "ext " folder of my "BlackBerry WebWorks Packager" installation.

in config.xml there is a line

<feature id="blackberry.bbm.platform" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>

which is supposed to allow the use of BBM.

However, if I delete this line from my config.xml and try to add it again through the project editor in the permissions tab, it doesn't appear in the list.

I assume that the blackberry.bbm is not loaded? or is there another explanation?

Thanx in advance

Developer
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry BBM SDK for WebWorks problem - Sample App - 'blackberry.bbm' [undefined] is not an object

I am having a similar issue. Are you using Windows 7 b4 bit?

Contributor

Re: Blackberry BBM SDK for WebWorks problem - Sample App - 'blackberry.bbm' [undefined] is not an object

yes but I think the issue was that I was trying to install it in the wrong folder.

You should install it somewhere similar to this:

C:\BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.browser.tools.wcpc_2.0.0.201103231828-18\wcpc\ext\

I hope you can fix it too!

I now have another problem: when I try to deploy it on the simulator it seems to work, it tries to register with BBM.

However on the device it gives me an error like "net_rim_bb_qm_platform was not found" and the app doesnt launch..

Developer

I am using the Visual Studio plugin and the command line tool.

I am also able to build the app and get the same error when trying to run it on the simulators provided with the BBM SDK. Are you still receiving the error when trying to run the app on the simulators?

Contributor

it seems that you need to have BBM6 installed on your device, you probably have BBM5.

you can use the simulator that comes with the BBM SDK for WebWorks.

Highlighted
Developer

Somehow the 64 bit version of the JDK installed on my pc again. I had to unintall this and reinstall the 32 bit version. I then had to update my environment variables to point to the 32 bit version of the jdk. I am able to compile and run an app with BBM integration.