Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Javascript

Hi all,

I have 2 questions:

1) I'm working on a location javascript.  How can I  enable BlackBerry Browser's JavaScript by program?

2) I don't want that this message appear:  "A javascript has requested the physical location of your device. do you whish to provide it to the script?" . How can set it automatically to ok?

thx

Luca

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Javascript

Hi Tangen,

You cannot programmatically override the user's selection of the "Enable JavaScript Location Support" feature found within General Properties of Browser Options.

The reason for these security settings is to protect the users online privacy.  Otherwise a website would be able to monitor an individual's physical location without their consent using the BlackBerry browser.

The prompt you have described should be displayed only once per domain, confirming the users selection.  This behaviour cannot be overridden.

Best regards,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Adam,

This post has been quite a while ago. I'm wondering if this means that users have to always manually enable the 'Javascript' option on the BB browser. I'm developing a web app tailored for Blackberry browser that requires geolocation. It's just that it seems quite troublesome for users to enable the 'Javascript' option everytime they open our web.

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

It depends on the OS version.  In OS 5.0 and BlackBerry 6 JavaScript is turned on by default.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

My experience has been that the script will ask every single time, same domain, latest OS v.5.0.0.602

Developer
My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: developer

hi please give me solution is it possible to call javascript function that is part of web services function name like loginpress() this. so can call this function using browserfield or any other solution?
Regards
Vishal Patel
Developer
My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: developer

how can i call javascript function using browserfield from java class? or any other solution for calling javascript function ? function name like login() it is located in webservice.
Regards
Vishal Patel
My Device: blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: student

Pls I need help immediately,How can I install javascript on my blackberry tour 9630?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: unlocked

Adam, you said the prompt for a javascript requesting input for user location should appear only once per domain. I get it every single screen. ?
My Device: Blackberry 8530
My Carrier: student

How to I can turn on JavaScript on Blackberry 8530 ?give me the answer?.