Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry OS 6 Font Size

[ Edited ]

I'm having a bizarre problem with my webworks app.  On Blackberry OS 6, my webworks app refuses to show a smaller font size than 16px which is completely breaking my layout.

The code works fine on Blackberry OS 5, as well as the browser of OS 6.  Greater han 16px the font size appears to work but there is no difference between font size 14px. and font size 12px.

Also tried using em instead of px but still had the same issue.  I've fiddled with everything, the doctype, the viewport but there simply isn't a lot to change here.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I tried this on the 9700 and 9780 simulator.

Example code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html>
	<head>
		<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; height=device-height, initial-scale = 1.0" />
	</head>
	<body>
		<span style="font-size: 4px">test</span>
	</body>
</html>

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: Blackberry OS 6 Font Size

I have hit this issue also.  As far as I can tell,  the Options>Display>Screen Display>Font size is used instead of the font-size specified in the CSS if the CSS font-size is smaller. 

Now my question:  Anyone know of a way around this?

Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: bell

Re: Blackberry OS 6 Font Size

I'm also trying to find an answer for this issue.  Dead end so far - none of these posts have concluded with a solution...