Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 6230
My Carrier: Developer

Blackberry Ripple Emulator start services does nothing!

I want to package and launch my BlackBerry Hello World application for WebWorks. For developement, I am using the Ripple emulator. The Ripple simulator says:

The build and deploy services are not currently running, would you like to start them?

After pressing the button Start Services nothing happens and no errors are in the error console.and i also did below steps as i have searched and get this result:

There are two reasons this might be happening. The first is that Chrome is preventing this from happening.

1. Open the Tools --> Extensions screen in Chrome
  2. Enable 'Developer Mode' checkbox if it isn't already
  3. Are you running Chrome in Incognito mode? If so enable the 'Allow in Incognito' checkbox

The other options is that nodejs is being blocked. If you're on windows, I'd suggest making sure that all user permissisons are enabled to allow you to run Chrome in a way that it can launch external processes.

And After doing all when ever i refresh page it says

The build and deploy services are currently running at http://127.0.0.1:9910. and after loading that page this message not visible but

The build and deploy services are not currently running, would you like to start them? message still there! please explain what's wrong here?

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 6230
My Carrier: Developer

Re: Blackberry Ripple Emulator start services does nothing!

My Local server was running on port 80 but now i have changed my local server running port 80 to 9910 then refresh and error msg "The build and deploy services are currently running at localhost:9910." is not visible any more but still i getting same msg for build i.e. The build and deploy services are not currently running, would you like to start them? but on click on start services nothing happens.
Contributor
My Device: Z10 LE (in Transit)
My Carrier: CMHK

Be sure you're using the Chrome extension downloaded from the BlackBerry Developer page here.

The one downloaded from the Chrome extensions site doesn't allow you to start the build services. You'll need to uninstall that one before you install the downloaded CRX.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

There was an issue with the included nodejs a few versions ago that broke everything

I had similar issues and this worked for me

It is possible that node is playing up (it's worth ruling it out anyway)

See the @anzorb bit for the full details

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Unlocked

- Check that you have the latest Ripple version from Blackberry developer site.

- For windows systems, your application must be located  in a subdirectory of  C:\Users\(YOURUSERNAME)\RippleSites   such as: C:\Users\(YOURUSERNAME)\RippleSites\MYHELLOWORLD

- in  Ripple  in Chome start server and select enable.  Note: avoid comflict if you have local web server with the node.js server on port 9910.

- in Chome web address put http://localhost:9910/MYHELLOWORLD/index.html  

instead of C:\Users\(YOURUSERNAME)\RippleSites\MYHELLOWORLD/index.html  

- Your app should works from the server, you shoud be able to see your app icon in the ripple left menu. and didn't get error on Blackberry keywords like Blackberry.app etc..   Now the build and signing should workproperly