06-26-2013 03:55 AM
I want to package and launch my BlackBerry Hello World application for WebWorks. For developement, I am using the Ripple emulator. The Ripple simulator says:
The build and deploy services are not currently running, would you like to start them?
After pressing the button Start Services nothing happens and no errors are in the error console.and i also did below steps as i have searched and get this result:
There are two reasons this might be happening. The first is that Chrome is preventing this from happening.
The other options is that nodejs is being blocked. If you're on windows, I'd suggest making sure that all user permissisons are enabled to allow you to run Chrome in a way that it can launch external processes.
And After doing all when ever i refresh page it says
The build and deploy services are currently running at http://127.0.0.1:9910. and after loading that page this message not visible but
The build and deploy services are not currently running, would you like to start them? message still there! please explain what's wrong here?
06-26-2013 06:03 AM
06-27-2013 12:52 PM
Be sure you're using the Chrome extension downloaded from the BlackBerry Developer page here.
The one downloaded from the Chrome extensions site doesn't allow you to start the build services. You'll need to uninstall that one before you install the downloaded CRX.
06-27-2013 02:04 PM
There was an issue with the included nodejs a few versions ago that broke everything
I had similar issues and this worked for me
It is possible that node is playing up (it's worth ruling it out anyway)
See the @anzorb bit for the full details
06-27-2013 04:24 PM
- Check that you have the latest Ripple version from Blackberry developer site.
- For windows systems, your application must be located in a subdirectory of C:\Users\(YOURUSERNAME)\RippleSites such as: C:\Users\(YOURUSERNAME)\RippleSites\MYHELLOWORLD
- in Ripple in Chome start server and select enable. Note: avoid comflict if you have local web server with the node.js server on port 9910.
- in Chome web address put http://localhost:9910/MYHELLOWORLD/index.html
instead of C:\Users\(YOURUSERNAME)\RippleSites\MYHELLOWORLD/index.html
- Your app should works from the server, you shoud be able to see your app icon in the ripple left menu. and didn't get error on Blackberry keywords like Blackberry.app etc.. Now the build and signing should workproperly