Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Web Plugin Error Console (2)

As i said in my previous post, i love to work with firebug console when i develop js apps. I'm trying to do the same with the BB.

I develop an easy JS extension that write log messages to system.out. The problem is that simulator that comes with the eclipse Web  plugin doesn't show this message.

When i install the widget on a JDE simulator, i see messages, but not in with both web plugin simulator.

Why? Any other ideas to see this logs?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Web Plugin Error Console (2)

You should be able to see application messages in the console window if your Widget application is running within a debug session. 

Can you confirm that you are launching a debug session (and not "Run As ...")?

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

Hi Adam, i'm debugging the widget. The only things that appear on the debugger console are javascript errors.

I develop a js extension that write messages on the System.out, the extension run perfectly on the real device, but i don't see anything on the debugger console (it's a pretty clean and white window)

lasterra

Developer

I was looking about this. I suppose that this is the standard debug configuration of the widget launcher with the eclipse web plugin.

I think that it should be helpful tu have an option to show all System.out on the widget console. If you work with js extensions, it will be very helpfull.

Enrique.