Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Blackberry WebWorks PIM Contact Plugin Customization for retriving list of all Contacts of Phonebook

Hi All,

I am using pim contact plugin of Blackberry 10  webwroks sdk 1.0.0.Howvere,it is giving me almost all acess to pim contact api.

However, i want to add some more feature of pim api.Exactly, i want to customize given pim contact plugin.And want to expose added methods to WebWorks Project.

Now, will i have to make required contact plugin from starting(by writing native code then wrapping up same in building extension).

Or is there anyway, i can get the code for pim.contact plugin that came with blackberry SDK and can do the necessay changes in native code and buiding new so file and furthermore, following the steps given for building up extension.

Below is the reason why i am requiring to make it custom:

I can not find any method that can retrive list of all contact basicarry an array holding data for all contacts.Only thing, which i am able to do it by using find method and explicitly setting the limit.

Please suggest something and also correct me if i am wrong somewhere.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry WebWorks PIM Contact Plugin Customization for retriving list of all Contacts of Phonebook

It may be easier to start with your own custom extension, however if you want to take a look at the WebWorks SDK, and the included extensions, this would be the best starting point.

https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Framework/tree/master/ext/pim.contacts

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Blackberry WebWorks PIM Contact Plugin Customization for retriving list of all Contacts of Phonebook

Thanks for your prompt response.I think now i can go for building up custom extension.Or can take the help from heere.