Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Blackberry (branded) Development Browser?

Before I nag again..

While I accept most of the answers as valid business logic there are two that I fail to see to be n your advantage

OK - there's a beta - they alreay have it - where do I get on this?

I'm very used to flaky software - back in 1987 we had a ball game arranged with M$ - they had to all stay behind to fix the numerous bugs we discoveredin IE4

To specifics...

I can imagine that four-touch may be very hard to emulate

The ad service is likely to be critical to both the revenue that us (developers) and you (RIM) have available to monetarise - where desired. 

Did you know that you can't actually sign up for the beta program without having a physical device? It makes little sense - particularly as I give my product away

The answer to the last question was somewhat lacking - a mailing list is easy to set up and it keeps the developers far more informed than the blog, forum, KB or dev site. From experience the reason that companies don't like this mechanism is that it bounds too closely on spam

As long as we don't get ad messages in a potential dev mailing (Only 99 biux at Sprint right now sorta thing) I see no reason that every developer would not want to know what's going on

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Re: Blackberry (branded) Development Browser?

[ Edited ]

I read on a developer blog that you can sideload your apps onto the actual PlayBook using the silver micro-usb and test them that way.... I wonder if this is true.

Will test and report back on Tuesday to see if this works. 

I haven't been experiencing any issues in the simulator.... I am using Version Beta 3.