Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums on April 1st. BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
11-22-2012 02:10 PM - edited 11-23-2012 11:48 AM
I tested my BB10 game on a in ripple and in a simulator, and got no problems, but it apparently fails on a real device as I got this message from the vendor portal testers:
"Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release.
After installing your application on the BlackBerry Dev Alpha, I got a black blank screen. The application could not load. "
I get no errors on the simulator or using the Google Chrome developer tools. Some time ago I also submitted a simmilar app for the playbook and it too got rejected: "When run the apps crashes at start-up and need to hard-restart the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ " It also worked fine in the simulator, I was never able to resolve the problem.
Here's a zipped copy of my app with unobfuscated source code: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-20b68042.html
Hopefully someone can find what is causing this behaviour and help me fix it!
11-22-2012 02:32 PM
11-22-2012 02:38 PM
You're right, it should be "html5game/index.js?QYNAC=536364553", but that wasn't in my original file I submitted, I double checked it, it's just because I zipped it for this post. That can't be the problem, but thanks for your help!
11-23-2012 11:31 AM
11-23-2012 11:46 AM
I haven't found a solution yet, maybe someone with a Dev Alpha device can download the new version of my app: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-20b68042.html
(I changed the orientation to landscape and fixed the path to my JS)
compile it and test in on the dev alpha.
11-23-2012 11:59 AM
11-23-2012 02:48 PM - edited 11-23-2012 02:48 PM
Actually I got a similar message.
And I am using a Dev Alpha A. The only thing I notice is that they are using: Dev Alpha (OS version 10.0.9.1103)
The version I have is 10.0.9.388 (the latest available) so are they testing it with a newer OS? Do we need to package with the new WebWorks for it to work?
11-23-2012 10:24 PM
Did this ever work on Ripple?
It is missing files in html5games/particles. Missing a panda texture. There a continuous "uncaught TypeError".
It seems to run in a window view with debugging code.
It doesn't look like Gamemaker HTML5 export works well with BB10 Webworks. Sorry.
11-24-2012 08:27 AM
The files in html5games/particles are not used by the game, it just loads them for no reason, so that's not a problem.
I changed the final JS file to a debug version to generate unobfuscated code, that's why the error dialogs pop up and it runs with debugging code. The debug version also looks for panda_texture_0.png in stead of the final index_texture_0.png.
The original version works in ripple, only the "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of null" error remains, I'll try to solve it.
I'm sorry for all the mistakes with the the version I uploaded, here are 2 downloads that should work(the particles folder is still missing tough, no problem):
Thanks for your help so far!
My other game, created exactly the same way, apparently does work since I got this message from app world testing: "The app doesn't appear properly on the device as it's too big on the screen. Please fix the scaling issue. ",
It has some scaling issues, but it does work! The config.xml is the same, it doesn't have a number in its name...
11-24-2012 09:01 AM
Update: I just checked the working game and it has the same error, but still it works fine.
I also noticed I only get this error when the ripple simulator is running, with ripple off I don't get that error.