Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Browser Filter Menu

Hello,

I successfully created a browser plugin and registered it. It is working on 8830 (4.5 OS) and 9000 (4.6 OS) devices. I had to set permissions using options->security options->Application permissions.

However I still have a problem left. I was trying to install a key listener using:

Application.getApplication().addKeyListener(myKeylistener).

This is throwing an exception (No stack trace) on both devices. By the way, this is working on 8830 and 9000 emulators. Any workarounds ?

I am doing this in order to show my own menu. There are already a lot of menu items in the default menu and I wanted to present a cleaner menu.

I also tried creating an application shell and using browser field embedded in full screen mode. This works fine and I can control the menu, but that version of that embedder browser version is severly restricted and has many layout quirks.

Regards,

-sj