Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Browser Font

I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting the font for my mobile browser app.

Although I've changed the CSS to the smallest possible font size, it still isn't represented on the blackberry browser.

I do notice that there is a "Minimum font size" in the General properties of the browser.... but is there any way to make it smaller than 6..... or override it with something on the page?

Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Browser Font

hasdy wrote:
I do notice that there is a "Minimum font size" in the General properties of the browser.... but is there any way to make it smaller than 6.....

No. the web is about people viewing webpages the way they want to. A minimum font size is a minimum, period.

hasdy wrote:
or override it with something on the page?
Yes it's easy : just transform your text into an image. there are numerous ASP or PHP scripts to do that (facebook does that to display the email on facebook profiles, it's an anti-harvest technique against robots that harvest emails on the internet to spam them).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Can someone provide a link to a resource to do this text to image transformation in java?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hasdy wrote:
Can someone provide a link to a resource to do this text to image transformation in java?

Hello,

long time not coded anything in Java as far as I am concerned. Google gave me something from 2004. Certainly not state-of-the-art of text2image java method, but should work.
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2004/04/22/images.html

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: