Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Building and running an app built using webworks 2.0

Hi

I'm trying to deploy the default project to my Blackberry 10. I've created a Blackberry ID token and its stored in the

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Research In Motion folder.

I've also created a developer certificate "author.p12" which is also stored into the same folder. However when I try to deploy the device using "webworks run, I get the following message:

[ERROR]   Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid store password or store password not supplied.
An error has occurred

I'm using my original keystore password which I used when deploying apps using the old version of webworks. Do I need to create a new keystore password when working with WebWorks 2 apps?

Regards

Joe

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Building and running an app built using webworks 2.0

webworks run will attempt to create & deploy a debug token to your device and then deploy an unsigned version of your app.  If you are getting that error message, it sounds like the issue at hand is that the (new) BlackBerry ID token is not yet linked to your (old) code signing keys. Please follow the instructions on this page to link these two accounts and then re-try the 'webworks run' command:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/core/com.qnx.doc.native_sdk.devguide/topic/BBI...

Note: if you wish to build your app in release mode, using the command line, see this doc:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/beta/build_and_sign_your_app.html

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.