Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

CSS3 resize

Does anyone know if the CSS3 resize function works on the Playbook? My webworks app makes use of the function, which works perfectly in Chrome, of course, and seems to work on Ripple, but does not work in either the simulator or on the real device. I was only wondering if there was some other way to reference the resize function (ie. -webkit-resize) to make it work.

I did look on the BB website but did not see it listed as supported (which could very well answer my question).

Thank you.

Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: CSS3 resize

You could try to use scale, no?

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks Interfasys.  Scale would work, I think, if I didn't need something dynamic and user-controlled, which I do.  The JqueryUI resize plugin works, but I was hoping to get CSS to do it instead, if only for the performance advantage I think I will get.

Thanks again for your response.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

You should be able to use the same jquery script but with the 'scale' instead of the 'resize' class if that script is using CSS transitions to create the effect.

I would also imagine that it would possible to create the needed class on the fly and to apply it to the element that you need to resize.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.