Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Generic
Accepted Solution

Call Function

Hi all, i wanna ask, i have created a button that i named it call button. That button contain a phone number, my purpose is when user press that button, thats gonna make blackberry device call the phone number, how i can apply this call function using webwork?

So much thanks, i really need you all help :-)

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Call Function

[ Edited ]

very easy:

for sample:

<a href="#" onclick="blackberry.launch.newPhoneCall({'dialString':'5198887465','smartDialing':false })">Call RIM</a>

or:

<input type="button" value="Call RIM" onclick="blackberry.launch.newPhoneCall({'dialString':'5198887465','smartDialing':false })" />

Contributor

@agungeddy : so much thanks, should i include phone are like +6221..... for the number, or just ordinary phone number? btw are you indonesian? :-) thanks

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

iya benar, saya orang indonesia, lokasi Jakarta.
Penulisan nomer telepon bebas, bisa pakai kode wilayah ataupun tidak, tapi disarankan lebih baik pakai kode wilayah.

============================================================================================

Yes you're right, i'm an indonesian, at Jakarta. The phone number format can use area code or not, it's up to you, but it is prefer to use the area code.

Contributor

Salam kenal mas agung :-)